Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Just for fun...

...let's take a moment to b*tch about my body, shall we? (if you don't want to listen to the musings about a women's inner wokings, you may want to leave now)

When my cycles returned after Bean was born, they went right back to their normal shorter length, shorter LP crap.

I started a new cycle on Friday, which I should note these last couple of cycles have brought a new symptom I have never been prone to: cramps. Now you're probably going, shut up and quit yer complaining woman, but honestly, their sudden appearance confused and irritated me.

Anyway, want to take a guess at how long my last cycle was? Come on, give it a try...

21? Nope

28? Never!!!

And the winner is 17!!!

Yep, you heard me right, 17. And to top it off, I'm pretty sure I O'd around day 13. How's that for messed up, huh? I thought so.

The problem with this, besides the fact that someone is unlikely to get pregnant on a 17 day cycle, is that the shorter my cycles, the more I have in a year. And the more I have in a year, the more I ovulate, which means my egg supply disappears faster.

Now, I'm not planning to get pregnant anytime soon, but R and I both agree that it would be a good idea to try for a second child sooner rather than later. Given our miscarriage history and the likelyhood I will have PPD again, I'd like to get that part over and done with so I can enjoy my life with my family.

Why at 26 should I suddenly be worried about early menopause? Because my body has shown the wonderful ability to screw me over on a consistent basis.

Yay me!

Sorry about the sarcasm, just feeling irritated and sorry for myself. All I can say is that if this cycle is as short as the last, I'll be going to see my OB/GYN asap to make sure there's nothing wierd going on with my body. Now, I'm going to go crawl under a rock somewhere for a short while and hide from this gloomy rainy day, I'll pop out later and get back to catching up on where everone is at.

7 comments:

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Hey hon... I'm so sorry that AF is messing with you. I'm tring to remember, did vitamin b work for you before? I know you are facing an extreme situation, but I was seriously shocked last month when I didn't take it, I dropped back down to a ten day lp immediately. I do agree that if the old witch continues to be coming that often, it's time to talk to your doc.

Take care! Sending ((hugs))

IF Optimist, then... said...

That is really frustrating kiddo and totally sucks. I don't know much about the post baby cycles but are you sure thatt this will be your new "normal"? I can imagine that after a baby the cycles may be wonky for a few months until you get into a new rhythm. Talk to the Gyn and don't let it frustrate you until you get their opinion. M'Kay?

areyoukiddingme said...

Ugh. I hope it's just a fluke, and that your body is just readjusting. I hope the OB/Gyn has some answers for you...

Quiet Dreams said...

Yuck, yuck. 17 day cycle, even without cramps sounds like no fun. Add in the diminishing egg-supply issue--oy vey. I hope they can help you, and soon.

Kristin said...

I'm sorry your cycle is screwing with you. Motrin is the BEST thing for the cramps.

Photogrl said...

17 day cycle!?! You have every reason to be upset about that!!!

I hope it's a fluke, and this month's cycle is longer.

Jamie said...

I echo your same thoughts. Why can't we just be normal?!?!

My breastmilk has almost dried up but I still haven't had a period yet. I have honestly wondered if I will ever have another one.

Keep the motrin handy!!