Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Looking back...

... through my posts from last year, it’s occurred to me that I was in serious need of a spell-check, or proof-reading, or both. I’m re-reading to try and gain some perspective on my current situation. I’m always aiming forward but looking back and evaluating things from before help me to see thing a little clearer.


One thing is for certain, I shall be reading my posts very carefully to make sure that when I look back on them later, I’m not so embarrassed by the very obvious typos.

People obviously forgave me for them, because I still have readers. Have I mentioned lately how lovely you all are? You are, and more.

I’m thinking that I should write my posts in Word first and then copy and paste. Hmm, considerations…

6 comments:

..al said...

Oh my, Thank You!

Okay, well, it happens to me as well. When I read through my old posts, my spelling/grammatical mistakes kind of jump out and bug me....

..al said...

I have tried doing the 'Word' thing before actually posting...and it is good specially for long posts.

areyoukiddingme said...

You're a lot better than many people I've seen!

I hate when I go back and see a very obvious typo or misspelling - so frustrating!

Flying Monkeys said...

I'm terrible at proofreading, I often correct the error as I read it. I'm afraid if I used Word I'd never publish anything.

(I really hate it when people use a lot of text type in their blogs. I feel badly for hating it but I do.)

Quiet Dreams said...

Mozilla has spell-check available (somehow, it marks my misspelled words-- even in comments!)

Anyhow, I'm a lot more judgmental of my own misspellings than of others.

I found it really significant to look over my posts from the past year. Kind of wild, too.

Jamie said...

I think what Quiet Dreams said is true - we are more judgmental of our own misspellings than of others. My mother worked at newspapers her whole life and she can't read anything without proofreading it. I'm always a little self conscious of anything I write.

The worst for me isn't just misspellings but when the misspelled word is a real word and I change the meaning. I remember being really upset and blogging about a violent dream I had. But instead of 'violent' I talked about my 'violet' dream. Violet wouldn't have been so bad!