Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Show and Tell: A Call for Help

Today's post is neither a show or a tell but rather an ask.

I don't have to show you pictures of the horrible disaster in Haiti. Turn on ANY newscast and you can see it for yourself.

My heart breaks for everyone there and also for those in the world with family there. As a mother, my heart can barely stand the thought of all the children who have died, are buried under rubble, or are homeless. Conditions in this poor country were difficult enough, but now, NOW, I can hardly imagine.

Today my husband and I have done the only thing we can do: make a donation in hopes that in the grand sceme of thing, such a miniscule act will join with other small things and just possible make a tangible difference.

If you want to join in and help there are several ways. Here are but a few:

In Canada:

Doctors Without Borders

Canadian Red Cross

UNICEF Canada

In the United States:

American Red Cross [you can donate $10.00 via text (charged to your phone bill) by texting 'Haiti' to 90990]

I know there are probably more but it's a start. Tonight I think about all that I have and am holding my baby girl even tighter than usual.

Don't forget to drop by Mel's to see what else is on people's minds...

4 comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

The perfect show and tell in my opinion. Thank you for this reminder.

Quiet Dreams said...

This is great as so many of us are wanting to help, but not really knowing where to start. The Red Cross thing is brilliant.

MrsSpock said...

Very good idea! I just donated to the ARC. I sponsor a little girl in Haiti...wonder if she is OK.

Jamie said...

Thanks for this.