Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Friday Date Nights and Sunny Saturdays

So I'm playing ICLW catch-up from yesterday. I was going to do my posting, reading and comments later in the day but I ended up out. R and I grabbed a quick bite to eat and went and saw Harry Pott.er.

I agree with others that they did leave stuff out and modified other parts but really, we shouldn't have been surprised, considering the length and depth of the book. I won't spoil it for anyone who wants to go see it but it really was a good movie and we enjoyed it. It was nice to have a date night. Bean enjoyed the soundtrack I think.

The only downside was having to get up and go pee about 45 minutes in the film. Not unusual these days, just annoying. Oh, and there's nothing worse that the post-movie race for the bathrooms and the line-ups that ensue. Add being 28 weeks on top of that and I dearly wish I could summon a "pregnant lady" queue on demand.

Today I spent a lovely afternoon with a friend. She and I actually met on the forum I'm on and found out we live in the same city. We bonded, commiserated really, over our shared loss experiences. They've had it rough. After 2 miscarriages and a chemical pregnancy, they recently experienced another chemical pregnancy, bringing their total to four losses. This last loss happened when I was around 15 weeks I think. My heart just breaks for them.

After weeks of juggling schedules, we were finally able to find a day we could get together. She picked me up from a central place and then we hit the road for a girls' day. We were chatting casually. She asked how I was doing and I said well. While she has been amazingly supportive during my pregnancy (she's genuinely happy for me), I always let her lead the conversation and if she wants to bring up pregnancy or babies, then we chat. Otherwise I let her be. I know how it is.

So here we are, driving along looking for the fish and chips place she wanted to take me to, when she ever so calmly replies to my inquiry on how she was doing and what was new with her. "Oh I'm great!"

"Really?" I say.

"Yeah. Especially since I'm 4 weeks pregnant today." She looks over at me a grins. I told her that I'd give her a big hug later since I didn't think it was a good ideal to tackle the driver.

I was so excited for her because her betas have been great so far. She found out at 8dpo! She's under the care of the Recurrent Loss Clinic here in Vancouver and they are just fantastic. She has her first ultrasound in two weeks and her and her husband, for the first time since they started to try for a baby, are calm about everything.

Calm is a wonderful place to be. All I can say is that in this, her fifth pregnancy, I am sending them every good vibe I can. They are such a wonderful couple and I'm so lucky to have met her, even if it was because we met on a Loss Board.

Help me out and send your good thoughts to E and J, who have gotten their miracle and now just need a little luck...


P.S. I was clicking on tags for this post, it occurred to me how rare it was to see the words "infertility" and "joys" side-by-side. Hmmmm.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Wishing your friends, E and J, the very best of luck with this pregnancy.

I'm so glad y'all had this happy day together.

Jamie said...

I am so happy for your friends! I spent yesterday afternoon with a good friend who has been TTC longer than I have with no luck. No losses but not even a pregnancy.

It is akward - I don't want to talk about the pregnancy a whole lot because I know how it made me feel. But I am so obviously pregnant now, I know that not talking about it doesn't hide it from her.

cheryllookingforward said...

I loved the latest HP Movie! Here is a website that I heard about on MPR if you go see another movie in the next 12 weeks: www.runpee.com
It tells you good places to run to the bathroom during movies.

Flying Monkeys said...

I really like HP but it's been awhile since I read the books and my brain is like a broken sieve these days so it could have been completely different and I wouldn't have known.

How exciting about your friends! It's really hard to know how much I can talk about my boys even though we had our struggles as well. I hope they have a wonderful pregnancy!