Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Friday, December 12, 2008

Magic Number 8

8.

That's the number of pounds I've lost since I was pregnant. I had gained four during my relatively short pregnancy (most due to the fact that all I could stomach was carbs- the more refined, the better).

In October I started walking everyday at work. I lost four pounds by the beginning of November. I have also been in the gym. Not always regularly due to fibro and my stupid hip causing me pain for those couple of weeks a little while ago. But I've tried.

I've also been pretty good when it comes to what I eat. While I do indulge in the Christmas goodies that pervade our office every holiday season, I've been good about keeping it to the occasional taste. What? I have willpower?

I weigh-in most Wednesdays. On one of the boards on the forum I'm on, there's a Weight-Loss Wednesdays thread. We all are trying to lose and it's a great way to cheer each other on and kick ourselves in the butt if we fall of the wagon.

At my 1st OB appt back in Aug, I weighted 184 lbs. Ugghh, don't even say it, I know. Being 5'7" with a body fat % that is considered obsese scares the sh*t out of me.

I weighed in this morning and nearly fell off the scale. I've been losing very slowly or staying the same. Never gaining, which is good. The magic number today?

176! Down 2 pounds! Read them... 1 & 2! Ha! Only 11 more to go until I reach goal weight #1 (165 pounds- which is what I weighed at our wedding last Sept).

I can't wait for the day when I see my GP and he stops asking me if I plan on losing weight. I can't wait for the day when it's obviously that I already have.

1 comment:

Melis.sa said...

That's fantastic! What a lovely surprise!