Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Approach to New Beginnings

How is it that a period of time can form a transisiton? How can moving from 11:59pm on December 31st to 12:00am on January 1st change you? Does it?

For me it will. Again.

I'm antsy, anxious even. I desperately want to jump forward to 2009 and bid this year goodbye and good riddance. I want to hope for so much better this next year that I could cry.

I have so many hopes and dreams that are so close to being tangible. I've come so close twice to one of them and once again I find myself on the verge of being there once more. Ryan and I are taking the leap again and hoping we'll be lucky to get pregnant on the first try again. We're also hoping against all hope for a happy ending.

What are you doing New Year's Eve? Many people do something special and stay up late to ring in the New Year with glee and happiness. Drink Champagne, eat wonderful food. I'll be eating some lovely food I'm making and we're staying in. If I make it to Midnight, so be it but I'll be just as happy to go to sleep early, find the peaceful oblivion of sleep and wake up in 2009.

I'll be curled in my blankets all nice and cozy. Wake me when it's over.

7 comments:

Melis.sa said...

Word to that! (wake me up when it's here...)

The DH and I will do what we did last year. Get drunk. Except we'll be eating guacamole this year. :)

I wish you and your DH the best of luck for that happy ending!!!

bunny said...

i too am filled with anticipation for a new year and the good things it may bring. yay 2009. see ya '08.

Kim said...

You said it! We will be staying home. A few friends may drop in and out. But the good kind. The kind you don't have to make your house spotless for, can hang out in pj's with, and will let themselves in so you don't have to get off the couch and out from under your blanket! Happy New Year. I hope 2009 is kind to you.

Claire said...

We're doing the same thing! We've got some nice organic, Comox valley steaks we'll be frying up, and if we can make it to midnight, I'll be impressed! Talk to you soon!HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! KISS

Meg said...

Happy New Year and I hold so much hope for you in 2009. I have a lot of reading to do to catch up on your blog and I will get to that pronto....

Enjoy your night!

AnotherDreamer said...

I hear you there. I shall be watching movies, or something. Then off the bed.

Hope 2009 is a good one for all of us :)

MrsSpock said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I, too, have Fibro- I've had it for 16 years. If you ever have questions about how my fibro affected my pregnancy, fell free to email me- mrsspock9@gmail.com.