Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Bad Weather Camaraderie...

I'll tell you about my weekend later but I just wanted to make a quick comment...

I'm not sure if it's a Canadian thing or just a basic human need but there's something about enduring bad weather together that makes complete strangers strike up random conversation and share stories and commiserate over their collective fate.

Today's instance? A moderately bad ferry ride (70 km/h wind gusts can sure rock even a Superferry) from Swartz Bay to Tsawassen that left 15 minutes late and made it in on time for me to catch my bus. Met a couple nice people and shared some pleasant conversation.

It is events like that which enforce my purely optimist viewpoint that people are inherently good.

No comments: