Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Hopeful

Well tomorrow could be a really good day... or not. I have a meeting with a lady I was put in contact with by one of my co-op advisors. With any luck I'll have a job. But I'm not going to put too much into it just in case things don't work out. I really need something to happen right now, though. I'm tired of wondering aimlessly around town and I can't stay in the apartment all day everyday.

But I'm being social. Last week , I went with my friend Sarah to a meet and greet mixer. We met a lot of really nice people who are all part of meetin.org... a social gathering organization. We met for drinks and then wandered Stanley Park. It was a lot of fun and it was nnice to be my normal bubbly social self with a bunch of strangers. I was right in my element.

Sarah is coming over for dinner tomorrow. Girls night. Both of our guys are out late so we decided that Thursdays are now officially girls night... as long as I'm not working.

Went to Victoria this past weekend. Ryan had a conference on fri and sat. We went for four days. It was great to see everyone. Good to spend time with my family. My brother was over form Pender so we all (my Mum and Dad, Matt and his girlfriend Laura, Ryan and I) had dinner together. Then on Sat night I had a gathering at my parent's place with Dave, Cheryl and Claire. It was good to see them and be joking and enjoying eachother as we always do.

A friend is going through a rough time right now. I feel for her and I could do more. But she knows that I'm always there for her if she needs me.

Ahhhh. Home. I guess I'm starting to refer to this place as home. The other day Ryan and I were out. I made a comment about " when we get home"... not "when we get back to the apartment" but "when we get home". It's a confortable feeling. I'm still havig a hard time calling my parent's place just that, "my parent's place" and not "my place". Things are sinking in as I go along and I'm starting to feel more settled.

I want to post pics of my place but until Ryan and I get the network set up, I don't have internet access on my computer where the photo hosting program is. Yes Dave.... you can laugh at me about forgetting the switch... how dumb, eh?

Today was a mix in weather. Woke up and it raining. Then it stopped and got brighter. I decided that I should take advantage of the break and get some fresh. Then as soon as I stepped out the door, it started raining. Figures... Murphys Law, eh? It stopped raining awhile later and got very sunny and warm. Well now that I'm home again, the sun id gone, it's very cloudy and I think that it going to rain again. Not to mention the thundershowers they were predicting. Vancouver weather. I don't know why anyone bothers to figure it out at all. Weather forcasts often don't mean much.

Guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles...

No comments: