Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Monday, April 04, 2005

The countdown begins...

Alrighty everyone! I've now gone from counting weeks... to counting days... 24 of them to be exact. I move in 24 days! I write my last exam in 18 days and attend my very last class in 12 days. I can't believe I am almost done school. I mean four years have gone by! All I've got left is my final work term and then in October I get to walk across the stage because I've finally completed my Diploma.

When I look back, how I got to this point is really quite amazing. It only took 2 years at UVic, 2 years at Camosun, and a lot of crazy, insane days of studying and writing papers. It took the start and end on one relationship and the changing of a school and career. It took the start of the realtionship of my life and the amazing love from that person. It also took the love and support of my family and some of the greatest people I know... my friends.

My life through this period has been about people and the crazy insanity we all find ourselves in. I'm too much of an optimist to believe that any one event can bring us down. Bu there are times when it all seems too much. Like right now.

You'd think I'd have enough to deal with , what with school, working, moving and looking for a new job but add to that a lot of people I know (including family) are going through serious illness. My poor Mom. She's having a really hard time... we all are. Her best friend who lives in Oregon was just recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She just had an operation to remove as much of the tumour as they can before starting chemotherapy. And... her other best friend's husband (who I've met and really like) is waiting to find out whether he tests positive or negative for Hodgkins Disease (a form of cancer). Add to that that just this afternoon we found ou that my Aunt (my Mom's oldest sister) also has cancer. Can't remember what kind but some hard to pronounce carcinoma. (laughs hopelessly at the irony) You'd think after dealing with cancer so much already, my family might get a break. Guess not.

24 days...

24 beautiful , wonderful days, challenging days.

If I've learned anything in my life so far is that I must make each of them count.

So here's to living each day knowing you are loved by our freinds and family.
I love you all.

3 comments:

Dave said...

I just have to be selfish for a moment...

*sniff* Linds is moving away.

Now, regarding the health within your family and without:

I realize that I can't offer much by way of support, but just have faith that it will work out in the end.

God, I sound lame.

The Steadfast Warrior said...

That's not lame at all! I appreciate it. Oh, and by the way... I 'm really going to miss everyone. *sniff* now we can all have a good cry. as long as it's not everyone all at once at the get-together! That would be scary.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it would be scary "sniff"

Meredith